We are now accepting entries for the 2023 San Francisco World Spirits Competition! The Competition will take place in April.
Key information below:
$550 per entry
Friday, March 17th
Friday, March 31st
International Entrants Deadline to Contact Park Street Imports:
Friday, March 3rd
Park Street is the official import partner for the SFWSC, but separate from the Competition itself. Please contact the Competition directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 415-345-9000 regarding any Competition related questions.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Any commercial spirits beverage may be entered.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per producer. However, no product can be entered more than once in any given year.
- Spirits entered in previous competitions are welcome.
- The Competition reserves the right to photograph any entry and reproduce it in catalogs, posters, publications or on our website, and in publicity printed by the Competition.
- The Competition reserves the right to use any unopened sample bottles that do not advance to sweepstakes in promotional giveaways on its websites and social media channels.
- REFUNDS: The Competition will not issue refunds but will transfer the entry to the next Competition.
- Awards will be made on a merit basis. The judges will not grant an award when, in their opinion, an entry is not worthy of an award.
- Each entry will, within reason and at the discretion of the Director of Judging and Managing Director, be evaluated within a peer group of similar spirits. However, the Directors reserve the right to arrange categories as they see fit in light of the number of entries.
Download and review our 2023 Class Codes, selecting the most appropriate class to enter each of your products. Our class codes represent the general categories in which products are judged. During the actual competition, where applicable, classes are narrowed down further into sub-classes to allow products to be judged within a peer group of similar spirits.
Please note that no product can be entered in multiple classes in any given year.
SPIRITS CLASS CODES
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AN ENTRY BOOKLET
SHIPPING SPIRITS/RTDS FROM WITHIN THE U.S.A:
- Enclose two (2) 750 ml bottles per entry, or two (2) 700 ml bottles, three (3) 500 ml bottles, or eight (8) cans. Design Competition entrants should send one (1) bottle per Individual Entry; for Series Entries, one (1) bottle of each product in the series.
- Do not send entry fees with your spirits.
- DO NOT USE PACKING PEANUTS.
- Write on the boxes: “Sample materials, Not for resale. Glass enclosed.”
- For shipments of more than one box, mark each box: “Box 1 of 4,” “Box 2 of 4,” etc.
- Warehouse Address
Pier 50, Shed A
San Francisco, CA 94158
Phone: +1 415-345-9000
SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.A:
If you are using your U.S. importer, they should follow the above instructions for domestic shipping. If you are NOT using a U.S. importer, you MUST contact our import partner, Park Street Imports LLC, to avoid shipping delays.
Please contact the Competitions Team at Park Street Imports, via e-mail or telephone by March 3:
PHONE: +1 (305) 400-8324
Park Street will assist you in obtaining all necessary import documentation and supply you with detailed instructions for properly preparing and labeling your shipment. The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is not responsible for customs duty charges or fees.
DO NOT SHIP YOUR SPIRITS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE IMPORT DOCUMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARK STREET.