ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Any commercial spirits beverage may be entered.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per producer. However, no product can be entered more than once in any given year.
- Spirits entered in previous competitions are welcome.
- The Competition reserves the right to photograph any entry and reproduce it in catalogs, posters, publications or on our website, and in publicity printed by the Competition.
- REFUNDS: The Competition will refund entry fees for products that do not arrive in our warehouse in time for competition. However, a processing fee of $50 per tasting entry and $25 per packaging design entry will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- Awards will be made on a merit basis. The judges will not grant an award when, in their opinion, an entry is not worthy of an award.
- Each entry will, within reason and at the discretion of the Director of Judging and Managing Director, be evaluated within a peer group of similar spirits. However, the Directors reserve the right to arrange categories as they see fit in light of the number of entries.
Download and review our 2022 Class Codes, selecting the most appropriate class to enter each of your products. Our class codes represent the general categories in which products are judged.
During the actual competition, where applicable, classes are narrowed down further into sub-classes to allow products to be judged within a peer group of similar spirits.
Please note that no product can be entered in multiple classes in any given year.
SHIPPING SPIRITS FROM WITHIN THE U.S.A:
DO NOT SHIP YOUR PRODUCTS UNTIL January 2022.
- Enclose two (2) 750 ml bottles per entry, or two (2) 700 ml bottles, or three (3) 500 ml bottles. Design Competition entrants should send one (1) bottle per Individual Entry; for Series Entries, one (1) bottle of each product in the series.
- Do not send entry fees with your spirits.
- Write on the boxes: “Sample materials, Not for resale. Glass enclosed.”
- For shipments of more than one box, mark each box: “Box 1 of 4,” “Box 2 of 4,” etc.
- Warehouse address will be sent to entrants in January 2022. We will not accept shipments in our warehouse until January 2022.
SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.A:
- If you are using your U.S. importer, they should follow the above instructions for domestic shipping. If you are NOT using a U.S. importer, you MUST contact our import partner, Park Street Imports LLC, to avoid shipping delays.
- Please contact the Competitions Team at Park Street Imports, via e-mail or telephone by February 11:PHONE: +1 (305) 400-8324
- Park Street will assist you in obtaining all necessary import documentation and supply you with detailed instructions for properly preparing and labeling your shipment. The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is not responsible for customs duty charges or fees.
- DO NOT SHIP YOUR SPIRITS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE IMPORT DOCUMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARK STREET.